Read about Eco-Friendly Diwali in detail here.
Diwali is “Festival of Lights” & is meant to commemorate the victory of good over evil or in other words “Dark Side of Light“. What we are doing is its complete opposite (irony abounds!). How?
10 Key Things about Eco-Friendly Diwali:
1. About 15-20 million people in India suffer from Asthma out of which 10-15% people are children in the age group of 5-11 years. Do you still want to buy some “eco-friendly” crackers for your child?
2. It is believed that the gases emitted during Diwali contribute nearly 30% to air pollution. All hail the Greener and Cleaner Earth Initiative!
3. Firecrackers are best friends with global warming, share deep bond with money-wastage, and are the spouse of garbage. What kind of Relation do you want?
4. Did you know that “Right to Sleep” is fundamental right and that bursting crackers is strictly prohibited from 10PM to 6 AM in India? We bet you do!
5. As per the 2011 consensus, about 4.35 million children in the age group of 5-14 years exist as child labourers in India. Don’t you think they “Deserve the Right to Education?”
6. Every 1 out of 100,000 children in the India’s capital, New Delhi alone experiences severe firecracker injuries. And you thought firecrackers are “safe!”
7. Diwali is supposed to embark the victory of good over evil. But we deplete our own natural resources, Isn’t that Evil?
8. Noisy and imprudent firecrackers have always posed a serious threat to children and pregnant women. Do you want your child to be part of such reckless environment?
We think not.
9. Did you know that noise pollution caused due to bursting of crackers could possible make you deaf permanently? Sorry, we forget you can’t hear us! Too much noise!
10. Further, How Can You Create The Difference This Diwali !!
TALK – To someone who is suffering from Asthma and understand how do they cope with Diwali?
CHECK – Noise levels of crackers before you buy – prefer less than 95dB; lower the dB, better it is! O, you are buying!
GO – On a lavish vacation with the money you are planning to BURN & DISTURB others.
STOP – Polluting river Ganges by floating scores of “diyas” on the name of traditions
USE – LED lighting to save energy
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: ASAP take the person to the Doctor if there is no pain felt at the burnt area – Nerves may be damaged
Create the Difference…this DIWALI by implementing at least ONE SUGGESTION !!!
#10key #10KT #10keythings #diwalieffects #effectsofdiwali #festival #deepavali #ecofriendly #firecrackers
Other Diwali Videos:
Safe Diwali Tips for Kids and Parents