There is a common belief that ‘if you cannot love yourself, you cannot love anyone else‘! Self-love is the first step of your life journey and you should figure yourself out. You should love yourself before you step onto a relationship or a commitment and so on…
People do talk about ‘self-love’ but in this fast moving world, all of us end up in ignoring ourselves.
Loving yourself is like a constant work in progress, every day you start your day with a new dream and aim but along with it, start loving yourself afresh. For beginning your journey of self-love, here are some foundational truths to remember and these might change the perspective of life for you as well.
1. Don’t compare – So the first step to love your-self would be not to compare your-self with anyone else. And if you are in a habit to do that, stop it right away. The rate of achieving success varies with different people, so there’s no hurry. Just be focused and concentrate on your hard work.
2. Stop worrying about your figure – Oh…stop thinking about your figure, whether you are getting fat or lean, you will be the same for those who love you unconditionally. It’s not about being body fantastic but a nice human being. Walk with a confident smile. Eat fresh, live fresh and stay happy!
3. Me time – Giving and spending quality time with yourself only is as important as spending the same with your loved ones. You, yourself is a separate identity and a separate space for yourself should be there. It will be like having a ‘My corner’ or ‘My World’.
5. Plan reunion – Reunion is one of the best remedies to keep you happy and joyful. Call oldies, email them or contact them on social platforms and make a plan out. Friendship is totally timeless and priceless, people grow apart, it’s natural but friends no matter where they are, they will always remember you.
6. Express love and emotions – One more thing to be resolved on the list is to mend relationships with your family. Your mom, your dad and your siblings are the most valuable persons in your life and you must make them realize that.
12. Forget the past – The last but not the least, let go of the past. What is gone is gone, so why to hamper your present and future for that! Learn to forget and forgive and life would be much easier and untangled.
13. Be what you are – Love the way you are and do not try to be like one else. You would have to love yourself to expect others to love you. Also understand that people, who love you, love you because of the way you are.
Life is a wonderful gift for all of us and we’re lucky to born as human beings. We can talk, walk, travel, see, feel, and convey and so on…that other creatures might not. It comes only once; live it, love it, enjoy it!