A good massage is a real treat – besides the fact that it has multiple health benefits, it can be very relaxing and pleasant experience.A good massage is one of the best natural remedies that will improve your blood flow and help you recover much faster after an injury. However, there are so many different kinds of this magnificent practice, and you just need to choose the one that will help you relax and heal in no time. Here are five best massage methods that actually matter.
5 Best Massage Methods That Actually Matter:
1. Swedish Massage – This is the most common type of massage therapy. It is known as a light and more relaxing type. Swedish massage includes several kinds of basic movements. Long, sweeping strokes are used at the beginning and at the end of a treatment. Muscle kneading and rolling are next, and muscles are worked on in the same way dough is being kneaded. Friction is the third one, and here deep pressure is applied to a particular spot with the fingertips, thumbs or knuckles. The last one is rhythmic tapping, which includes fast movements similar to chopping and even pounding.
2. Deep Tissue Massage – This kind of massage targets tension in muscles that lies far below the surface of your body. It applies deep pressure onto specific trouble points by pushing into your knotted muscle in order to release trigger points and improve mobility. It usually involves slow strokes, direct pressure or friction movements that go across the grain of the muscles. Massage therapists use their finger, thumbs, and sometimes even elbows to apply needed pressure. It may be helpful to professional athletes, car crash survivors in the process of breaking down the scar tissue, or anyone who has very dense tissue.
3. Neuromuscular Massage – This is a form of deep tissue massage that is applied to individual muscles. Neuromuscular massage includes pressure to the areas where you have muscle spasms. It is a form of soft tissue manipulation that treats underlying causes of chronic pain, both in muscular and nervous systems. Also, it addresses trigger points, nerve compression, circulation, postural issues, and bio-mechanical problems that can be caused by repetitive movement injuries. Besides that, it increases blood flow, reduces pain, and releases pressure on nerves.
4. Shiatsu Massage – Shiatsu is an ancient technique that originates from Japan. Its name, when literally translated, means “finger pressure” in Japanese, which indicates in which way Shiatsu practitioners actually perform it. They use only their fingers, thumbs and palms, moving them across the body while applying pressure at certain points referred to as Shiatsu points. The main goal of this practice is promoting regeneration and healing throughout the body. Such a massage calms an overactive nervous system, which improves circulation, alleviates stress, and relieves high blood pressure. Unlike other types of massage, you stay clothed during the treatment.
5. Sports Massage – This type of massage is the best for dealing with sport-specific issues and injuries. Sports massage therapists have a significant advantage over regular therapists, which lies in their understanding of the particular sport in connection to your body. It combines Swedish, Shiatsu and other techniques to concentrate on the areas that are related to your sport. Athletes often get this kind of massage to prepare for the best performance, as well as to prevent and treat injury. This is exactly why it requires a great amount of subject-specific knowledge that can be gained through various rehabilitation courses.
So these are the 5 Best Massage Methods you can try foremost. As you can see, there are so many different kinds of massage that are targeted to solving various problems. It is definitely a great way of fighting muscle soreness and improving your process of recovery. However, combining it with proper nutrition and hydration, a well-planned training program and regular foam rolling is the key to the long-term success. All of these elements will largely contribute to improving your health.