Not many phones are able to cause so much a buzz around people, but this is the OnePlus Two, we are talking about! Its predecessor, the OnePlus One that went on to define the standard of cheap phones around the world and upped the ante for all biggies of the tech-world is back with a bang! The company has unveiled their next prodigy – with a guarantee that it will be bigger and better! And going by the looks of it, the company has held on to every inch of the word. One Plus Two is a sensational device and a true beauty for the hands of the beholder. Let’s examine some of the few revelations that OnePlus have brought in with its 2nd phone.
Features of OnePlus Two:
1. Body – The OnePlus Two features an aluminium chassis combined with the same textured plasticky back like the last year’s phone. Though some may beg to differ, but according to me, the blend of metal and plastic (high-end, mind you!) seems pretty decent, to be honest (just like the Moto X).
2. Display – The phone features a 5.5 in full HD (1080p) resolution LTPS LCD touch-screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It has a vibrant colour composition (~16M colours) along with pitch clear vision (~401 ppi pixel density). The screen feels brilliant to the eyes and is totally mesmerising.
3. Processor – Talking about the firepower, the phone packs the latest Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 chipset along with a Quad-core processor and 4 GB of RAM. Sounds pretty destructive, right?
4. Camera – Good news for the shutter bugs! The power-packed phone features a 13 MP snapper at the back along with a 5 MP shutter in the front. If that wasn’t enough, the back camera is capable of recording video at 2160p@30fps, 2160p(DCI)@24fps,1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound recording, etc and the front camera will be able to record video at 1080p@30fps. 4K and fanatical slow-mo are all in!
5. Battery – The battery has been boosted up from 3100 mAH on the OnePlus One to 3300 mAH on the OnePlus Two. It is the same non-removable Li-ion battery but with better back-up, to say the least.
6. Storage – As for the storage, the phone will be available in two variants – a 16 GB one and 64 GB one, continuing the same old story of featuring no micro SD card slots.
7. Software – The phone will run on the latest Android Lollipop version 5.1 along with the company’s inherent custom UI – Oxygen OS instead of the Cyanogen OS found on its predecessor. The Oxygen OS is simple, clean and minimalistic – everything that a true mobile-user seeks!
8. Finger-Print Unlock Sensor – The unique features now! The phone, as promised, features a fingerprint unlock sensor which is pretty adequate and works well enough, to be honest. It is quick and responsive from the word go!
9. USB-C Port – Here it is, the USB-C Port, ladies and gentlemen! Now, you’ll face no problems putting in your charger cables and experience blazing fast charging! If that’s not great then what is?
10. How-to-buy and Price – Unfortunately, like its predecessor, the OnePlus Two will be available for pre-order via invites. The 16 GB variant is priced at $329 and the 64 GB variant is priced at $389.
All in all, the OnePlus Two is a beast and worth the extra money! I wouldn’t call it “extra money,” to be honest; it is more like a “thank-you” fee from our side! We should be truly honoured for having witnessed the cheap phone making it to the moon and back while all other biggies could simply watch and learn. Go for it people!