Do you like to travel and always look out for exotic destinations? Here are a few things that would make sure that you are one hell of a traveller; in other words a
1. The Travel Planner: If you see a travel planner taking a primary place in a person’s life you have identified the Travel Lunatic. To be honest, planning a trip is more exciting than the travel itself. Right from the journey of ticket booking and packing the favourite outfits! If you believe this, you are a true Travel Lunatic.
Biggest challenge: A true travel lunatic does not know the exact destination. Planning is not in his dictionary.
Tackle the challenge: Well not knowing your destination makes it even more interesting. You enjoy every surprise that comes your way.
2. The Travel Accessories: While travelling light is the best way to travel, it’s the stuff that you carry that decides your commitment to travel. What do you think about a person who carries his best suit on travel? Someone on a planned trip, indeed.
Biggest challenge: Since you are on an unplanned journey, you may be unaware of the weather conditions. Sometimes it could be places where you may not find a place to buy what you need.
Tackle the challenge: Go wild and enjoy the unexpected. Sharing and borrowing may work sometimes.
3. The Itch: Yes, the true Travel Lunatic may not be travelling for a better part of the year but the itch does not subside. He travels just to be at a different place.
Biggest challenge: Like there is no treatment for food craving, there is not one for travel itch too.
Tackle the challenge: Don’t sit back. Go for it. That’s the only medication.
4. The Travel Books: Would you consider an armchair traveller to be travel crazy. Definitely! You don’t have to travel an inch to be a Travel Lunatic. Even if you spend days with your travel books, you’ve travelled virtually somewhere.
Biggest challenge: It’s only in the books. What if you want to physically feel it?
Few things have their own restrictions. A travel book may obviously not give you the actual feel.
Tackle the challenge: Pack up and move out. It’s time to touch and feel the place. What you saw in the book is more beautiful in reality.
5. The Lust to Land at every airport of the world: Yes, you should hear the lunatics compare the rest room of different airports in the world. Stopping by with no plans and re-starting the journey with another no-plan journey is a sign of true travel lunatic.
Biggest challenge: You are unaware what the current halt has in store for you. You are also unaware when and where will be your next halt.
Tackle the challenge: Keeping a travel guide book or map along is advisable. Keep reading about places. Who knows you may land up where.
6. The tenacity to face adversities: The true travel lunatic does not get depressed by a missed flight. In fact, he quickly plans a new holiday on the spot.
Biggest challenge: Since you were obviously not prepared for it, now the challenge is choose a different destination.
Tackle the challenge: Ring up a friend and ask for the most interesting destination. You may want to land on to a new continent.
7. Missing a meal – No Problem: Someone keen on getting his standard fare on his travel isn’t a real traveller. A true lunatic enjoys eating what is available and even if nothing is available.
Biggest challenge: What if you eat only vegetables? Non-vegetarians usually do not face eating problems. They eat almost everything and everybody.
Tackle the challenge: When you find what you can eat, carry a bit along with you to survive the next hour.
8. Up for local cuisine: A travel lunatic is a stickler for locally sourced vegetables and dishes. No fine dining and no restaurant trying. It is the local food he enjoying indulging in.
Biggest challenge: Hygiene may be a problem when it comes to local food.
Tackle the challenge: Indulge in eating where you can see how it is cooked.
9. Well-worn shoes? Not necessarily, it is a well-designed shoe, one that can handle the strain that decides the true travel lunatic.
Biggest challenge: Sometime it may trouble you, as you may have to walk for long hours, climb mountains, cross rivers etc.
Tackle the challenge: Get out of the shoes and enjoy the grass and the rocks.
So, a travel lunatic or not, these will tell you where to spot one!