“People, people everywhere, not a person to be spare!” Our world is crowded with people, with a new one popping out every passing second! We can’t help but notice certain kind people, living among us, whom we encounter almost every single day without fail. People who may or may not be friendly, but are after all they are part of our lives.
Out of the busy work schedules that each of us may carry around; working envisages an integral part of it. We meet diverse people in our workplace. Some may be cheerful, some may be petty; but the point is, there is no such defined “class” of people and working on that protocol, here is a list of the “everyday” people you would conquer or be conquering at large, in this life of yours.
1. The bossy kind – Apart from your actual boss, who at will, is largely dominant and likes to outsmart people (sorry boss!), there is one peculiar person, out of the blues, who loves to imitate your boss’s actions. Imitate, not literally, because that would mean he/she is doing it willingly on-purpose just to fool around; such people bear no sympathy towards their colleagues and love to just “boss” around. They would charge at you at the minutest of mistakes and bear no shame whatsoever to complain the same to your actual boss as well. Keep a watch out for such kinds!
2. The sweet-as-sugar kind – Such people are true angels at heart. They bear no hatred or ill-behavior towards anyone and want absolutely no piece of the pie that is a result of anguish and corruption. They are utterly sweet and would not betray you at any cost. They will try and give their best possible stature in every situation; doesn’t matter if they had some kind of fight at home or are in debt or facing any other problem. When at the office, they will try and give their best, nothing else.
3. The stress-freaks – These people possess a heart that is too fragile! It expands and contracts so swiftly that if the boss were to appear and asks them anything for that matter, they would freak out at that very instant! (not literally, but from the inside.) They have a special place for “fear from the boss” in the hearts and will remain scared of their works’ outcomes no matter what. They always have only one thing going on in their mind – Tension. Simple to spot, hard to ignore; such people need encouragement and blessings, more than anything!
4. The cool peeps – These are the cool dudes of the office! They carry their own style and don’t give a damn to anyone! Though, some may seem jealous towards their personality and their style of work (which is, mind you, awesome!), there is absolutely no reason to be inconsiderate towards their “swag.” Such people are always positive about their work and try and give their best (even though they take everything as a game).
5. The Chinese whisperer – Remember the childhood game by the same name wherein one used to speak absolute rubbish in someone’s ears and the latter in turn would try and speak the same? Yes this is exactly what happens in the workplace too! There would be one cracker in the house who would go on spreading any confidential or drivel information to his/her like which would further spread like fire! Pretty dangerous, aren’t they?
6. The punctual pundits – These people get up on time; leave for office on the precise time; reach at the designated time and reach home at the alloted time. These are those wonderful creations of God who were made for the sole purpose of abiding by the clock! “Not a minute late; not a minute early!” True gentlemen, I tell you!
7. The poor clock wearer – These people are fan-favorites! They encourage late coming, working lethargically and showing signs of total laziness! In simple words, such people are always out of time! They hold the stigma of reporting late in the organization; doesn’t matter, if it’s a rainy day or a bright sunshine day; they will be late!
8. The Favorite – These are the special ones, I tell you! No matter how bad they perform (or good; both the cases are equally likely!), they will always be adored by the boss and the colleagues alike. They may never fail to impress anyone. They have this special charm of sorts, which captures anyone and everyone! They enjoy the attention and the reputation bestowed upon them by all means and justify their position in the company (most of the times!)
9. The Expectant – Such people are always craving for more; as if their huge pay-packages were not enough! For every work they do, they always try and look to exploit more from their recruiter, boss, colleague, or anyone else, for that matter! They can never seem to have enough of everything. They want more and more and more …
10. The Complainer – Such people are never content with what they have. They always look and frown at the half-empty glass of wine rather than appreciate the half-filled one. They live their lives with discontentment and always perish over “what they could have got …” rather than cherish over “what they have …”
11. The Naysayer – A naysayer is a person who will always have only one answer to any of your questions – a big, fat, NO! If you try and convince such people, they would either ignore you or give silly excuses to avoid any confrontation.
12. The Food-holics – Some people in this world live for food, and that is what makes them alive. I respect such people (at least they have a specified goal with no level of unfeasibility). They will always be packed with snacks and wouldn’t hesitate to accept any and every food that you offer at their aisle. Food is their only yummy weakness.
These were some distinct people that you are sure to encounter at least some point of your lives. My hope for you is that the meeting shall be a jolly one with no hostilities! Be brave! Be yourself!
No matter they believe in talking more than they can deliver.