Children are considered to be a gift from God. These very children who start as students and with time turn into future inventors, the future leaders, the future doctors and engineers, among other great people. A student’s life is that very chapter of a person’s time that envisages oodles of joy and action-packed scenarios of learning. This is the very time that one starts missing as they grow up. Because the time spent at school – learning, playing, laughing, enjoying, and doing almost anything that we liked, could never come back.
During this journey, one meets with various kinds of students – some are shy while some are overtly active while some are just plain different. Taking into account all these “types,” let’s recollect all our past memories from the childhood by meeting all those people whom we left behind in our childhood.
1. The silent ones – These are those students who are usually less talkative. No, I ain’t judging any student on the basis of the amount of talking but their very nature of being shy and monotonous. They are the students who may want to talk and share their feelings too, but prefer to wrap their mouths with invisible tapes and shut themselves from the world.
2. The chatter boxes – These students mostly survive on the “swag” of seeking attention. Continuous chatter-patter of these students makes the classroom walls come to life. They do not fear the students, the teachers or anybody, for that matter; all they care about is their talking. They just know how to talk, why to talk and what to talk, and have rather a certificate in it too! They do not bother if they are sitting on the very first benches of the classroom as long as they are with their friends. Their sole purpose, they enter school for, is talking and gossiping.
3. The “play and tell” kind – There are certain students who love living their life by playing pranks on others. These students are usually not concerned about the feelings of their school mates and if they have to play a prank, then so shall they with no one or nothing to stop them from doing so. Even if the principal of the school punishes them or calls their parents to complain; they will still stay calm and continue their job i.e. playing with others.
4. The normative ones – Such students are the norms and rule. These students are those who will strictly say no if you ask them to join your naughty pranks with other students. If you are scheduling to play a prank with someone, such students may go and inform those in advance or if out of luck, they teach. This way they feel the prestige of being the most sincere students on the planet and held their heads high with fake pride.
5. The book worms – Not specifically the toppers of the class who mug up books within the slightest snap of fingers! These are the avid readers who just love to read and learn – novels, sci-fi, textbooks, doesn’t matter. They live in a world of their own and just love reading above everything else. They are quite smart too, to be honest.
6. The “teacher’s favorite” – Of all of the student folklore, there always exists at least one student who shall reign supreme in the eyes of the teachers. This special student with no such unique powers is the gem of the teachers’ eyes and always among the best in the class. Such students are usually intellectually active in the classroom discussions and therefore sore easily in the eyes of the teachers.
7. The last benchers – Such students love to play “hide and seek” with their class teachers. They want to stay away from their teachers’ eyes so that they can do whatever they want to whilst sitting at the last benches of the class. They maybe having minds of the next Einstein but simply reject to be a part of the student culture because of personal reasons – they get bored! Different but imaginative – last benchers and one of a kind!
8. The dumb kind – No matter what you do, some students shall remain dumb whatsoever! Such students are absent-minded with not even the slightest idea of what is and what will be. They go completely numb whenever asked any question by any of the teachers with only confusion and astonishment on their faces and nothing to pour put from their vague mouths.
9. The topper – “The topper of the class” – this guy/gal is obviously popular and known by almost everybody. Some students become jealous of such students while some admire them. Their unique talent of topping the class every year enthralls anyone and everyone and no one can help but think about their “methodology” at least once in their lives. Whenever in trouble, a student reaches out to the topper instead of consulting the teacher concerned.
10. The out of the league – Some students have such an extraordinary personality that everything they put their hand on turns into gold. Yes, they are that special! From co-curricular activities to sports and from singing and dancing to being among the toppers of the class – they excel in anything and everything.
Student life is among the best phases of anyone’s life. One gets to experience some of his/her best memories while in school and make buddies that last a lifetime. Every student one meets is unique in his/her own ways and must be appreciated. After all, almost everyone one grew up with plays an integral part in his/her life and all those memories that one makes during his/her school days are truly special and close to the heart.
Did I miss any category? Yes, please educate me with your wisdom. Your comments and suggestions are important to me.